Referral services are available to Native and non-Native Veterans who may need assistance in seeking the necessary social or health services. In addition, Veterans from all branches are available for moral encouragement, support, and guidance.
(We apologize but as of June 1, 2016 the Helping Hands Program has been suspended momentarily)
NAIVC understands that some families are in need of supportive services throughout the year. Through your private donations NAIVC helps families with a one-time service as funds allow, through our "Helping Hands" program. Your donations become very important for this program since there are only a few grants available to provide this type of service. Please see our "GIVE A DOLLAR" Campaign on how you can help provide this service to the Native American and Veteran population.
Annual Winter Gathering
At the end of year NAIVC has been able to give back to the community by providing an Annual Winter Gathering. Around each November Volunteers assemble to help provide this alcohol and drug free family event. Toy donations are sought through out the year for this event. If you have toys, a monetary gift you, or your company would like to donate toward this event please contact our center at 330-596-2482 or email NAIVC1@aol.com. Check the website for updated information as it becomes available.
Community Events, Activities
Throughout the year NAIVC conducts a number of fundraising and outreach events. Please ask to be included on our emailing list to be kept updated on these type activities and events. Email request to NAIVC1@aol.com
When available Native American of various Nations, and United States War Veterans stand available to share information about their heritage, traditions, and history to all social networks, and to represent NAIVC at local community functions, parades, and events. Please contact 330-596-2482 for availability. Please note - adequate time must be given for presentations to be scheduled; and in order to cover time and mileage a fee may be required for certain functions, events, and/or requests.
NAIVC Cultural Connection Program
(Cultural Arts & Education)
The NAIVC Cultural Connection Program was formed to establish an inter-tribal community-based group that will actively embrace the traditions and values of various represented nations. The primary purpose of the NAIVC Cultural Connection Program is to create a safe, healthy, drug free environment where children and adults of diverse backgrounds can gather together and find positive role-models, friendship, and support, while providing an opportunity to explore native culture and education. This group meets at the Norton Community Center, 4060 Columbia Woods Dr., Norton, Ohio 44203. Activities and times will be noted on home page www.NAIVC.org.
The Native American Indian and Veterans Center, Inc. (NAIVC)
211 Third St., N.W., Suite- A
Barberton, Ohio 44203
Office: 330-59-NAIVC (330-596-2482)
(Clients seen by appointment only)
Office hours will depend on staff or volunteer availability. Email is checked daily (NAIVC1@aol.com). Please make an appointment before traveling.
NAIVC observes all Federal holidays.
1. To provide and promote fellowship and goodwill to all communities.
2. To provide cultural diversity education to government and non-government agencies; and to assist government and non-governement agencies fill gaps in social and health services to the underserved Native Americans and Veterans in the state of Ohio.
3. Develop collaboration and support from communities, Native American Agencies, Veteran Programs, churches, schools, minority and non-minority Community Based Organizations, government and non-government agencies in the state of Ohio.
4. Promote cultural identity and individual pride through education, empowering, informing, and sharing.
5. Provide cultural family focused activities, health education, and community outreach.
6. Expand support to the underserved Native Americans and Veterans at both a local and state level.
7. Identify, assist, and promote local and state health services and programs; linking consumers with proper health care and education.
Become a Warrior for NAIVC ... Your donation of $1 or more can make a difference in someone's life today!
"Help us help others" Our goal for 2016 is to raise $3000.00.
Can you help us?